Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Turkey Day

THE MOTHERCODE has a militant animal rights group as the bad guys. I felt kind of bad myself doing this, as there are so many great groups out there doing stellar and necessary work, that I don't want to propagate any negativity toward them. But it just had to be done. No way around it. I will repent with time and money later. For now, I was researching some animal rights groups that are actually on the FBI terrorist watch list...scary, right? I came across this little Thanksgiving prayer and thought I'd pass it along in case you get asked to do the honors this year:

"Dear Lord, I've been asked, nay commanded, to thank Thee for the Thanksgiving turkey before us... a turkey which was no doubt a lively, intelligent bird... a social being... capable of actual affection... nuzzling its young with almost human-like compassion. Anyway, it's dead and we're gonna eat it. Please give our respects to its family." ~Berke Breathed, Bloom County Babylon

HE HE.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. That's so...weird! :~)